Madison, WI – The latest episode of the Electric Wire podcast features a conversation about wind turbine blade recycling with Nicholas Killen, Director, Head of Manufacturing Lifecycle Services, Regional Manufacturing AME, Vestas Blades. Commissioner Tyler Huebner of the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin joins Kristin Gilkes, Executive Director of the Customers First! Coalition, as a co-host.
The interview addresses the following questions and more:
- How do wind turbines work and how long do they last?
- What is the process for recycling wind turbine blades?
- What does the recycled material become at the end of the recycling process?
- What is the future for the recycling of blades?
- What are the costs and benefits of recycling the blades?
Both Killen and Commissioner Huebner share what they’d do with “all the power” in the industry for the final question of the episode.
Listen to the latest episode of the Electric Wire wherever you get your podcasts, or at the Customers First! Coalition YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IebcxHpMf5M
The Electric Wire podcast is a monthly production of the Customers First! Coalition featuring Wisconsin energy and utilities interviews and news.